In this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. This course will enable you to leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the Framework support Lean-Agile Programs, Scaling Agile, Lean-Agile Program Portfolio Management, and Scaling Leadership.
Attendees typically include executives, managers, consultants, Lean-Agile Leaders, and Agile change agents.
The course consists of 7 modules:
- Lean Thinking
- Scaling Agile
- Agile Release Train
- Agile Release Train
- Scaling Leadership
Executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean|Agile change initiative in the larger software enterprise.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights from Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skills most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA).
Resources are given to you at course
- Organizational readiness assessment kit
- Team Scrum XP practice readiness kit
- Release Planning readiness kit
- Inspect and Adapt kit
Instructor: Charles Maddox
Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant Charles Maddox has over 20 years of software development, program management, and software quality assurance experience. He currently is an Agile Coach, Consultant, and Agile Training professional. Charles’ training approach includes change management aspects of enterprise scaling; also influencing and motivating leadership for change.